You’ve heard people say, on January the 1st I will: stop smoking; start a diet; start working out at the gym; and so on. But words are nothing but labels and we label our life experiences with certain words.
A dream or desire, however, needs more than words to turn it into reality.
How then do you turn the dream into a goal?
What we are looking for is action. Here is a saying I learned around 5 years ago: ‘What you do speaks so loudly, what you say I cannot hear.’ Pretty powerful stuff, wouldn’t you say? So to achieve goals we really need to take action – and lots of it!
Here is a proven effective system you can use to help you get started. Go for it and let us (me??) know how you went!
Achieving Your Goals
1. Be absolutely clear about what it is that you want. Get certainty and clarity. (Unsure? Try the exercise below!)
2. Set a time frame of when you want to achieve your outcome by.
3. Devise a strategic plan which will take you to your destination.
4. Take action – begin the challenge right NOW and make it happen.
5. Increase your awareness and address the obstacles preventing you from achieving your goal.
6. Make the necessary changes to keep you on track towards your goals.
You may have heard the term ‘SMART’ goal. SMART is an acronym for Specific, Measurable, Action-oriented, Realistic, Time-bound. You may want to make your goal SMARTER by adding Exciting/Ethical and Resourced!
1. Start by writing a list of your dreams and desires. You may wish to revise this over a couple of weeks.
2. Discover which are the most important to you at this time – try putting them in order!
3. Choose one goal to start with, and make it SMARTER.
4. Go for it!
5. Completed a goal? Give yourself a pat on the back – and go for the next one!
45 Minutes Free Sales Coaching:
Get All the Carer Help You Need and
Get Your Sales Career Moving?
About the Author:
Rob Borg is a leading Goal Setting and personal development coach. He is the person people turn to for career help, anxiety, stress management, personal issues or when they need direction, motivation or just to feel better. Rob is the person who can help you turn it all around, by helping you lay the foundation from where you are now and what you need to do to achieve what it is that you want and do it with certainty. To find out more subscribe to my Newsletter for dedicated personal development